Traditional 200 year-old traditional, updated, end-terraced cottage overlooking farmland views in Goodleigh village. Close to Barnstaple town. Situated to enjoy many tourist attractions of North Devon, including Saunton Sands, Woolacombe, Croyde and Exmoor National Park. Ideal base for cycling & walking holidays. The cottage is close to the heart of the village. A short walk brings you to the New Inn pub, which offers a wide variety of home cooked food and real ale. 4 Star approved rating by the English Tourism Council for self catering accomodation.
Sleeps: 5 - Bedrooms: 3 - Bathrooms: 2
Coombe Cottage was awarded a 4 Star rating by the English Tourism Council for self catering accommodation in 2006 - its' first year of letting.
Coombe cottage is just minutes away from the heart of the village and local bridle paths. A two- minute walk brings you to the New Inn pub, which offers a wide variety of home cooked food and real ale. There is a post office and Goodleigh church situated in the heart of the village.
Favourably situated, Coombe Cottage offers a perfect base for your holiday in North Devon
The cottage boasts stripped pine flooring throughout with slate tiles in the kitchen. A downstairs cloakroom leads into a cosy, beamed lounge with a wood fire burner and leather settees. A television, DVD and CD player are available together with numerous indoor games and books for your enjoyment.
The spacious garden room is where one can dine in comfort overlooking the garden.
A fully equipped kitchen with quality fitted units, provides all the facilities required for self–catering, to include, hob, cooker, separate integral fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave and additional television.
There is separate utility room comprising a washing machine and tumble drier with a Belfast sink.
Downstairs there is a separate white shower room with corner shower, sink and WC.
Upstairs, the master bedroom features a high beamed ceiling with traditional stone fireplace. There is a double bed with co-ordinating furnishings and fitted cupboards depicting the character of the cottage.
The second bedroom has a double bed, wardrobe and matching chest of drawers whilst a third smaller bedroom contains bunk beds and chest of drawers.
The bathroom features a modern white suite, WC, sink and bath.
North Devon boasts many attractions, too numerous to mention, for all ages with all tastes at any time of year and any weather! An overview of what is on offer in the area just see below:
The market town of Barnstaple is famous for its historic ‘pannier market’. It is officially listed as one of the top 12 indoor markets of its type in the country. Barnstaple offers a unique mix of traditional and fashionable shopping with a range of small family run businesses including most major outlet stores including Marks and Spencer, Boots, Next, Block Busters and many more. Nearby Butchers Row has a number of first class fishmongers, bakers, butchers, greengrocers. You will find a post office and all major banks and building societies. There is a theatre, cinema and numerous pubs, restaurants, cafes and bars to suit all. On the outskirts, Barnstaple Leisure Centre offers an indoor swimming pool, gymnasium and badminton courts.
North Devon beaches
The famous beaches of Saunton Sands, Woolacombe and Croyde Bay make the area a popular tourist destination, ideal for families, sea canoeists and surfers alike. We have some children’s wet suits to borrow, if not suitable, there are plenty of hire shops at all beach locations if required.
At five locations across Devon, Cornwall and West Somerset, the South West Lakes Trust offer sailing, windsurfing or kayaking. Wimbleball Lake is the closest to us - located within Exmoor National Park.
North Devon has much to offer the angler, both sea fishing and course fishing, the latter is available at Braunton, just 15 minutes or so away.
Walking, Cycling and Horse Riding
There are many places in the world where a walker can find very good natural scenery – discover some of them at Exmoor National Park, approximately 10 miles west of Goodleigh.
Cycling is an alternative to see the spectacular scenery of the region, the breath taking coastlines or the infamous Tarka Trail. Opportunities are many to hire bikes, alternatively, check if our two adult bikes and 3 children’s bikes will suit your family. There is a bike rack to help transport them to your desired location. Just remember to bring your cycle helmets!
It is always a pleasure to play golf in Devon. Be it on one of the championship courses like Saunton or Royal North Devon or one of the smaller courses that is always a delight to find. Portmore Golf Club is a public course just three miles away - so no excuse but to dust off your clubs and try to make a few pars or if you are lucky a rare birdie or two. We provide one set of adults and a set of children’s clubs with some golf balls thrown in too!
Apart from the market town of Barnstaple, check out the local press to find details of open air markets, car boots sales and auctions. There is factory outlet shopping in Atlantic Village, West of Bideford, in contrast to the smaller local shops in the numerous villages and towns in North Devon selling their specialities.
There are many attractions to suit all, in fact they are too numerous to mention. You will find comprehensive information available at Coombe Cottage.
Sorry no pets
Summary of facilities
• 2 bedrooms for 4 adults – each with a double bed
• 1 bedroom with bunk beds suitable for 2 children
• Bathroom with bath, basin, WC
• Shower room with shower, basin, WC
• Lounge with wood fire burner, TV, play station 1, CD player
• Fully fitted kitchen with cooker, hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, TV
• Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier and Belfast sink. Suitable drying area
• Garden room/dining room
• Oil central heating with radiators in all rooms. Instant hot water.
• Large garden with furniture and barbecue
• Picnic equipment
• Range of indoor and outdoor games, including 2 body boards. Books for all ages.
• Comprehensive information on local tourist facilities, maps, walks, where to shop and eat
• 2 adult and 3 children’s bikes, bike rack available for transportation, puncture repair kit, padlock & pump
• 1 adult set of golf clubs, 1 junior set of golf clubs, golf balls & tee pegs
• Cot and high chair available on request
• Pub, post office, church in village
• Parking available opposite and in drive for loading and unloading only
• Smoking permitted outside the house
• Sorry, not suitable for pets - banked garden perimeters offer limited security
All hot water, central heating and electricity, initial supply of logs, pillows, duvets, bed linen (duvet cover, sheets and pillow cases), guest toiletries, hand/bath towels and tea towels. A tray with tea, coffee, milk, sugar, bread and butter and a bottle of wine is also provided to welcome you on arrival.
Booking Conditions – Coombe Cottage
1. The brochure/website form part of this contract. Coombe Cottage, Goodleigh, Barnstaple, North Devon is hired on the understanding that the cottage is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the accommodation exists for the hirer or anyone in the hirer’s party.
2. All reservations are contractually binding once confirmed in writing. Deposits must be paid within one week of booking and required for each week reserved. The balance of the rent must be paid six weeks before arrival; otherwise the owner reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
3. In the event of cancellation less than six weeks prior to arrival, the full balance remains payable. The owner will endeavour to re-let the cottage. If successful, all monies (except the deposit) will be refunded. In the event of a holiday being cut short, the hirer will remain liable for the full balance.
4. The number of persons using the cottage is not to exceed 4 adults unless by prior agreement. The owner reserves the right not to accept a booking or refuse entry if any booking conditions are not met.
5. Unless otherwise agreed, holidays are from 3.00pm on arrival day until 10.00am on departure day.
6. The owner undertakes to make the cottage available to the hirer in a clean and tidy state and to maintain services and facilities in a proper working condition. Where exceptionally a problem or fault occurs, the owner shall make every effort to keep delay or inconvenience to an absolute minimum. The hirer will take good care of the cottage and its contents, and that it is left in a truly clean and tidy state that it has been found. The hirer undertakes to inform the owner of articles damaged or lost and to reimburse for the cost of such articles. The hirer is responsible for the care/insurance of their own personal effects.
7. The owner/caretaker shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during your stay.
8. Once you have returned home it is difficult to investigate complaints of any nature. Regrettably therefore, the owner is unable to accept claims once a holiday has been completed. It is possible that during your holiday, something could go wrong. Should this happen, please contact the owner/caretaker during your stay – the contact details will be provided at the cottage.
9. The use of holiday accommodation and any facilities is entirely at your own risk and no liability is accepted for loss, damage, sickness or injury, howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to any member of the party, any car and its contents, or any possessions of the holiday makers. The hirer is responsible for ensuring that his party is fully aware of all booking conditions.
We have spacious, thoughtfully furnished and fully equipped cottages with a private indoor heated pool (32ft x 18ft). There are a total of 5 cottages set in 30 acres of woodland including a fishing lake. Valley Springs offers a relaxed peaceful ambience giving you the freedom to enjoy your holiday in an exclusive setting. We are 10 minutes from the nearest supermarket and 7 minutes from our nearest country pub. We also accept well behaved dogs although they must not chase our pet ducks! There is ample space for them to run however.
Sleeps: 7 Bedrooms: 3
The Willows offers a cosy, spacious and well equipped two bedroom accommodation. Set within the site of the historic Weycroft Mill, it's ideally situated for exploring the local market town of Axminster, famous for its carpet making. The stone cottage overlooks the River Axe, which can be fished for salmon and trout during season, with a valid NRA license. This lovely holiday cottage is open all year. The accommodation will sleep 4 plus a cot and dogs are welcome by arrangement. Wireless connection available at The Willows for an additional charge
Sleeps: 4 Bedrooms: 3
Colhayne Cottages are a pair of charming holiday homes that are situated in the parish of Shute, which is in an area of outstanding natural beauty. They both enjoy easy access to the A35 (1/2 mile) and are positioned off a quiet no through road. The views from both cottages are stunning and far reaching, over the rolling fields and woodlands of the Axe valley. As well as providing a peaceful and beautiful setting, the valley slopes down to the river below and Umborne Brook is within walking distance of the cottages.
Sleeps: 4 Bedrooms: 2